Thursday, October 1, 2009

To My Bright Star


To My Bright Star
By Laijon Liu 20091001

I watched the bright star last night,
He drifted across the screen of my mind,
Lightened my tiny dark room n time.
How lonely he was, and how shiny
His steadfast fire glared in a poet’s heart.
Like a butterfly he danced in pair,
As a nightingale he sang his sweet tune,
To his love he asked for mending thread,
But still, he was steadfast, and alone
Left home with a lock of her hair.
How blessed he embraced and kissed,
And sank deep together in a warm dream.
Tonight I look up toward sky, for the stars,
To catch their flare n find my crash, till death.

Poem Note:
I watched the movie Bright Star,
To admire Keats’s talents and his love affair.
Not to brag, when he moved into the dark small room, I saw myself.
I pray his true life were the same as this movie portrayed,
And according to his poems I guessed he experienced all such,
That made me happy for him, but sadder for myself.
All great songs touch heart, and the singer must be heartbroken,
So he maybe able to heal others. There is no other way.