Monday, March 10, 2008

Gu Di Man - by Qin Guan (鼓笛慢)

Gu Di Man
By Song Dynasty Poet: Mr. Qin Guan (1049-1100)

In the flower bush we once held hand,
Gone in its glamor and lost in ecstasy.
But now, who locked the carved saddle,
Stopped the travelers to come and go?
A good dream goes after spring away,
All the memory, I dare not to think.
The fragrant chamber filled with love,
Graceful joys for the young couple,
Could not abide together, only grief lingers.

Night seems forever, and love never over;
Sigh for the jade chamber, when I’ll revisit?
From thousands miles away,
How shall I find return road?
I can only sing Yang Guan song.
River to the east flowed with my bitterness,
Where I should row to the road to Peach Garden?
To whom I should ask, for a clear direction,
Where I should go now?


Chinese:
鼓笛慢

乱花丛里曾携手,
穷艳景,迷欢赏。
到如今谁把,雕鞍锁定,
阻游人来往?
好梦随春远,
从前事、不堪思想。
念香闺正杳,
佳欢未偶,
难留恋、空惆怅。

永夜婵娟未满,
叹玉楼、几时重上。
那堪万里,却寻归路,
指阳关孤唱。
苦恨东流水,
桃源路、欲回双桨.
仗何人,细与丁宁问呵,
我如今怎向?