Sunday, February 18, 2024

Confession to the Virgin Mary

 

Confession to the Virgin Mary

Laijon Liu 20240218


My lies cast me down from heaven

and the truth I deny, I refuse to confess

that turned me, a little angel into a wildling

all sweets tastes like bitter berries and raw nuts

and well-dressed am I? Then why I feel I’m naked?

The loving lips I’ve kissed and now I seal mine tight

The hands of mercy took me in twice, sheltered me

but I remained reticent and let the each day get by

the garden in blossom, in snow, my children are grown

I’ve played my role well, not to be much of an ogress

the Virgin Mary still visits me from time to time

I keep my mouth shut, not to utter a word of prayer

let my silence burns, and my shame burns

and I desperately hanging on to my good image

but in my mind I have confessed and confessed

now only to leave my gray hair and ash on the pyre.


- I did open that thirteenth door -