Sunday, January 3, 2010

Short Walk Song

Short Walk Song
By Cao Cao of Three Kingdoms
Translated by Laijon Liu 20100103

Hold wine cup I sing:
How shall our life be?
Like the morning dew,
With the days of grief.
Even if we are fervent,
But sorrows never fade.
What to solve sadness?
Probably only drinks.
The long scholar belt
Tied my will and heart.
For talents and friends
I sigh and chant to now.
Like a deer I call n call,
In the green field I look
For all my good guests
I play my music for all.

Oh the moon so bright
And when can I pluck?
Now my sorrow comes
That it will never cease.
By the road and the path
They come lowly to dwell.
Between farewell n feast,
My heart misses their grace
Bright moon n sparse stars,
The crows flying to south.
They spiral over the trees
To find a branch to perch
Mountain or hills, tall or low
Ocean or lakes, deep or small
The great king bows n prays
For the good service of all!


Chinese:
短歌行
曹操

对酒当歌,人生几何?
譬如朝露,去日苦多。
慨当以慷,忧思难忘。
何以解忧?唯有杜康。
青青子衿,悠悠我心。
但为君故,沉吟至今。
呦呦鹿鸣,食野之苹。
我有嘉宾,鼓瑟吹笙。

明明如月,何时可掇。
忧从中来,不可断绝。
越陌度阡,枉用相存。
契阔谈宴,心念旧恩。
月明星稀,乌鹊南飞。
绕树三匝,何枝可依。
山不厌高,海不厌深。
周公吐哺,天下归心!