Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Prayer of Bambi

Prayer of Bambi
By Laijon Liu 20080603

I am prince Bambi.
Plum flower are painted on my body.
I have the most beautiful legs,
So sometimes I dance, but often I run.
I run, I run, and I run,
Away from the human gods,
Those who love to play their smoky guns.

I still remembered my mother,
Her name was honored by no one.
One snowy night, the moon shone bright,
She found the spring’s green sign,
But the human gods were hiding behind.
Their sinful powder smell
Stunk the fresh winter wind;
And their loud thunder noise
Broke the forest calmness.
And all were too late and done.

To the human gods I pray:
Please spare us, your lowly ones.
Who shall decide the end of my sweet Faline?
Not your hunting dogs! Not your guns!
We long for the same love, a peaceful life,
As our thirst toward the living stream,
We dream to feast and dance on God’s pasture.
Please strain your dogs and put away your guns,
Spare Thumper, Flower and all the lovely ones.

Note:
Today, I just received a comment about my poem 'Poetry: No gun, please, no more guns!' from a reader thru poemhunter.com , as following note:

--------------------------------
you stipid person guns don''t kill people kill people the gun does not say kill someone it is your dission and the things you said about hunting are total bullshit did you ever think what happen to deer when they over populate they starv to death. guns arn''t bad just some people are. so don''t give us inasent hunters and gun owners a bad name
--------------------------------

So somehow the reader's message inspired me to write another poem about guns, deers, and human gods...

I thank for all those peoples who give me any comment, and somehow I could see the world thru Bambi's eye. Thanks!