Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Faith


Faith
Laijon Liu 20181121

you always aim high
you always shoot big
you never pick the second best
nor you settle for less

God or no
you only live once
miracle or fate
you deserve the best

give yourself one more try
give yourself one last chance
give yourself everything
and anything you’ve got

faith is your certainty
to work the impossible, fail or not
even if the whole world
tells you “No. you can’t.”

headwinds makes you soar
uphill battles grows your strength
and you wish you had easy of course
but easy has no place in your name.


Note:
I picked this scrap from my notebook I wrote years ago, not really willing to make it a poem, just for self-encouragement purpose. it’s about my way of understanding faith and living. For the things I believe and I must do, and if someone blows negative powder to my face that even propels me more toward much faster acceleration. So I guess my secret special super power is that I take and grow and live on negative energy, negative charge. Or I am just too headstrong to the point of stupidity or mental. But if I don’t try and see myself fail (I seriously doubt that) I would not die in peace, I would haunt myself, my own ash won’t settle, my ghost will keep knocking myself. that’s how I understand and love that Poem “Do not go gentle into that good night!” everyone has different starting line, different stretch length, different coach, different training program, so much obstacles that looked impossible to overcome for many or a few of us… the runners can only try to be persistent for the whole course til they drop and most the honorable thing is no matter where they be at that final hour, they are not waiting to be saved by the bell, but throwing their punch or scrambling to get up. It could be a dream, or hobby, or profession, or study. It could be just a way to live or get by. Failure at every time is okay, but not trying every time because is hard or impossible, totally unacceptable. Faith is not something born with, it's something learned, nurtured, taught, worked, scientifically studied and preserved, it's like culture or family tradition. that’s that.