Friday, January 29, 2016

Experimenter The Best Film of 2015


Experimenter
by Laijon Liu 20160130

Culture constructs society, culture constructs men
Your black suits, white shirts, formulated speech, and fashion
Like poems those in meters and rhymes, musical
Melodies and beats to ear, how we self-exam
Assembly lines, bosses own your laboring hours
That you punch time card on time, off work on time
No, you don’t save life in ER, you don’t fire guns
But the boss’ poker face and his dictating tones
Program your hearts and arms, make you, them tremble

I wish you work for the money, for money only
Moral rights, patriot terms, responsibility are such confuse terms!
Leaders spill their saliva, howl in front of mic
Like they always know and right, and your faith on them is duty
Cops watching the streets, like everyone is suspect or guilty
Skin color separates our race, even our shit is the same
Asians look the same, and Earthians all act alike:
Obedience, Conformity, Tradition… words must harmonize
And we stand in line, wait for turns, or together dance in trance.


Note:

You can't stop the dancing mobs
but you can turn the music off,
You can't correct the faulty system
but you can correct the head boss, 
A king only gets to wear his jewel crown
when his subjects live in his wonderland.

Every student should watch this film and talk about it in class. But for people who don’t really understand about individual rights to make decision for anything and any time may not fully get it. If most of people, the Earthians fully understand of concept of Liberty, Human Rights, the equal power of every person in our society, countries governing system, military, workplace… our world would never face danger and currently in economic and social mess. I’ve worked a few jobs, almost have had argument with every boss, whenever I feel their tone of speech, order of work, and management unfair to co-wokers or me I always arrange a meeting with boss, many times my close friends advise me not to meddle others’ affairs, as long as I can protect myself, because bosses usually have great instinct know the hard nuts not to crack in his company, I often project that bad image, but I just can’t control my urge not to offer my word of advice to bosses, yeah, a few jobs I quit, 2 jobs I get fired, and after that I fear too, my bank account often shows a few hundreds, and the following weeks I suddenly become the one praying, begging, lying, embellish my college drop-out resume, trying many ways to impress interviewers for a low position, a minimum wage.
It’s hard to be a poet, artist; it’s harder to be an activist; but the hardest is an activist at workplace. but I am lucky, I don’t have a family to feed, so I don’t need to sallow the bitter pill and walk away, like my co-worker once says: “Just let it slide.”
I am anti-'authority', the one intimidates, bad people wield 'their' 'power' no matter they are giants or dwarfs. My junior high teacher in China told me if I don’t stand back in line and behave like everyone else does, quit be rightoues, opinionated and bumptious, otherwise I would at least sit jail for 20 years in Chinese society. Chinese learn from elementary school to shut up, sit straight, listen, act respectfully, please teachers, not to reason with parents, fear authority. Oh, I am lucky. I move out and live in US. God bless Me! But there are still many ridiculous social rules in America (Free Country that praise individuality, think different thru their white or black iphones, social network every commute minute while drinking coke or pepsi:-), people like herds they love to fall into groups and camps, if you see a man dress like Bond, swagger in the office like he own the place and workers on that floor, you know he is the boss, and you suddenly feel that you are a chick want to fly away from the cuckoo’s nest, weary.
Awards, Labels, Authority, People’s Choice, Celebrity, Money Tower, Media Channels, Religion Organizations, special artifacts… too many devices to make us to obey, conform, sigh.
Also, I don't think it's realistic to walk away from a bad management or corrupted society, only in the West people have that freedom and choice, you can walk away if you don't abide the rule, find other places or company, however natives think twice to walk away if they live in a bad society or bad company, everywhere is the same in that culture, you get punished if you do not conform, it's a pirate boat, your job is to hit the switch, to electrify someone. a few eager to do evil so to impress their boss. My personal experience, 5th grade elementary school in China, teacher found out I didn't turn in the homework and left, she had about 10 boys to chase me to my home, and tried to bring me back, I tried to bribe them with 50c RMB in early 1980s, and 2 of them refused and pounced me on the ground sat on my chest, beat me to tears. kids are fast learners, easy to influence, eager to please. Most Western people follow stupid rules and 'authority' because they are stupid, tools are easy to fool, watch the voting seasons. But in China, the kings and bosses have to make example out of head-strong heroes, so everyone knows the consequence, make sure people follow the order keep hitting the switch, that's conformity there. they drive people with voilence and fear. in that kind of social order, walking away or disobeying order is big No No, people can only run, get away, or be smart, find a way to behead the king in public, so the public sees your upcoming reign, like David kills Goliath, but he becomes a king too. that empty bucket down and and another rises full, the cycle never ends. 
Experiementer is the Best Film of 2015, go watch it, conform! :D


The Best Film of 2015:
Experimenter link
I guess this film not gonna win this year's best film award, but its content should be the head of herd.