Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sick Letter to Followers By [Song] Monk Faquan

Sick Letter to Followers
By [Song] Monk Faquan
Translated by Laijon Liu 20110209

Dislike this world
sick to my heart
and physical pain
tortures me like a demon

I know my days
are only a few now
but still I feel that
my life lingers too long

so my boiling medicine
become offering incense
and my groaning
are my chant and prayer

if Manjusri hears
and asks me
Could I reply him
with my Silence?

Three weeks ago I was sick, got flu and fever, and mixed multiple symptoms, battling for 4 days I couldn’t eat a meal, only lived on water and juice, and after I went ER myself, I thought I was dying on the way, I would be glad, that moment I realized that Silence could answer a lot of problem, like all the boring tv shows on weekends, and physical pain in this stinky skin bag.

Chinese original:
病中示诸子
【宋】法泉