Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Plums Are Falling

The Plums Are Falling
From Book of Ode (Compiled by Confucius)
Translated by Laijon Liu 20081210

The plums are falling on the ground,
And most of them are still hanging.
If you do like me,
Then don’t let go your good chance.

The plums are falling and falling,
And only a few are left hanging.
If you do like me,
Then do not hesitate now.

The plums are all fallen on the ground,
We must gather them in a basket.
If you do like me,
Then please tell me right now.

Note:
How beautiful a lady takes the initiate to find her love? 2000 or 2500 years ago?
For love we are all equal I guess that everyone must take his or her initiation.
She used plums to describe her urgency and desire for love.
There are many odes, and this is one of ode that I like Confucius’s pick. He picked many good odes like this one for us and our children.

The rose is budding, while she’s blooming, please adore her.
The rose is withering, while she’s fading, please abide with her.
The rose is fallen, and she’s gone, please always remember her.

摽有梅
摽有梅,其實七兮,求我庶士,迨其吉兮。
摽有梅,其實三兮,求我庶士,迨其今兮。
摽有梅,頃筐塈之,求我庶士,迨其謂之。