Thursday, February 9, 2017

Snowday in Corona Park Seeing Wild Geese

Snowday in Corona Park Seeing Wild Geese

I went to Corona Park today with camera and got some shots of snowday scenes, inspired by Ming poet Zhang Dai. it's pretty beautiful, and I was kind of surprised seeing the Canadian wild geese landed in Corona Park waiting for the snowstorm to pass, Bonus! the snow was in small flurry swinging grain, so I didn't expect the trees and branches covered all white. There were only 5 or 6 people in the park, they came in pair or three, with their huge cameras, took a few photos, then disappeared in the howling wind. Suddenly the whole park was mine, mine only. Space is important part of aesthetics. A vast space, the sky light gray, the ground whiter and brighter than the sky, the winter barren trees were dark, black, in symmetric color match, a flock of wild geese floating in the pond, calling. Well, too bad I didn't bring a bottle of whisky. On my way back to the train station I saw a family of 4, mom with her 3 kids, pulling a blue plastic snow sledge, they were happy, I guess young people, kids know how to deal with snow and rainy days. I would consummate all photo scenes if I brought a woman there, her red long coat, her sweet face. Sigh.


雪園

滿天蒼蒼滿地白,
群雁池邊獨徘徊。
欲將此心比此景,
空園哪知風雪寒。

Pictures:




More Pictures on 2017.03.10