Friday, July 22, 2016

Mou Ying's Music Selection


+ [Classical] + [English Pop] + [Mandarin Vocal] 
+ [Mou Ying's Selection] +

Mou Ying's Music Selection

My friend Mou Ying, Mike who is a self made music composer, I don't mean to kiss his butt, but his current composition are way better than many professional classical composer, music is emotion art that totally relies on talent. if anyone listened his composition would fall in love with his music, and every weekend we talk about music stuff, I learned a lot about music and aesthetic view from him, he is more extreme on the standard of poetry and music, his comment on Chinese poetry: "there are 10 great Chinese poems in 2000 year span." "You now have one good poem." (he means my "Heart A Spider Web" poem, the first section).

His music and poetry standard is really strict and high, no mercy to unfinished, mundane, commercial, popular, or pick-by-fame choices... and I totally agree, because it's been a lifetime mission I've searched and selected all the music and songs from classical to now, Western and Eastern to show off my taste and wearing my pilot sunglasses and smile while playing my choices; well, my friend Mou Ying also got his music pick that totally shut me up, I feel I am blessed as a music lover, even tho my guitar skill is really mediocre, and music knowledge is still a Fan class, but a friend who is musician truly benefits my hungry soul, and his selection upgrades my music aesthetic standard. So here I post his music selection list to share with music fans, his music theory is that music is melody driven, across all culture, language and genre. totally true, because music directly speaks to heart, with lyric or not, it's beyond human logic senses, it's feeling, communication thru melody of instrument.

Mou Ying's Music Selection:

Your Love (Once Upon Time in the West) by Giorgia Fumanti
Ave Maria by Schubert
Ave Maria by Celine Dion
Lascia Chio Pianga by Hayley Westenra
Canto Della Terra with Hayley Westenra and Andrea Bocelli
Besame Mucho by Nina Mouskouri
La Paloma by Nina Mouskouri
O Habibi by Yasmeen Anima Olya
Funeral of Queen Mary (Purcell): from March to Canzona

The Moon Represents My Heart by Teresa Deng
Lover's Mountain by Tsai Chin
White Birch Woods by Tao LiZhu

Romance de Amor by Xue Feiyang
Concierto De Aranjuez by Manuel Granada
Schubert's Serenade
The Gael / Promentory
Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile) by Gato Barbieri
Two Hearts by Special EFX
Swept Away by Peter White
Straight into the Sunshine by Gato Barbieri
The Godfather by Henry Mancini with London Symphony Orchestra
25th Hour finale by Terence Blanchard
Souvenirs d'enfance by Richard Clayderman
Concerto Pour Une Jeune Fille Nomme Je' by Richard Clayderman
Fields Of Fortune by Secret Garden
You Gotta Be Real by 3rd Force

Hotel California by Eagles (Hell Freeze Live Version)
Another Day in Paradise by Phil Collins
Do It Again by Steely Dan
Careless Whisper by George Michael
Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits
Smooth Operator by Sade
The Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh
Said I Loved You...But I Lied by Michael Bolton
Women in Love by Barbara Streisand
Sacrifice by Elton John
The Sign by Ace of Base
All That She Wants by Ace of Base
Eternal Flame by Bangles

Note:
There are some songs missing, I will update later after I get his full list.

There's a late Qing novelist wrote a page about singing, pretty interesting from "The Travels of Lao Tsan by Harold Shadick (Translator)" Page 27 and 28.