Monday, March 5, 2012

Mary’s Love Affair 不y Shen Haobo 沈浩波 (1976- )

Mary’s Love Affair
By Shen Haobo 沈浩波 (1976- )

She is a supervisor of my friend’s company
Her name is Mary; she is beautiful and attractive
Her mild perfume gives a comfortable fragrance
She graduated from a big name university
Her elegant stature and exquisite character
And her four-inch high heels
Raised her career status high above other women.
She is a workaholic, on the business dinner table
She can drink a thousand cups, even if she gets drunk
She walks to the bathroom and digs and vomits,
Then she returns to the table with same look,
She continues drinking until the competitors give up,
And the projects rolling in, and new contracts are signed.

I confess I do admire her.
One time, on dinner table I was a little drunk
And I said to her boss who is my friend:
You are so lucky; you’ve got a great employee
A beautiful girl helps you making a lot of money
My friend laughed and said: she is not only my employee,
She is also my secret lover behind her husband
Anytime I want to sleep her I can
Think about it, a beautiful girl
She works for me like an ass
She let me fuck her like a bitch
And she doesn’t even ask for too much raise
Isn’t it awesome?!
And I was dumbfounded, asked him how did he do that
My friend smiled with pride and said: simple!
You just tell her ‘you love her’ over and over again.

Note:
I got this from <<2010 Chinese Poetry Anthology>>. I like this poem, sharp and political. The poet simply retells a scene and conversation to reveal his current society, the business and political world, the moral ground people stand on… how the beautiful young Mary got screwed over and over again.