Sunday, August 12, 2007

Poem of Earth and Her Seasons

Just My Random Thoughts

Part I (2007.07.26)

Look-
Autumn is disappeared,
Spring is also vanished.

Trees do not stand in flame any more,
Grass tossed away their olive dress,
Fruits are thirsty and hang in tiny shapes.
What’s left is just winter and summer.
Winter without white snow,
And summer of burning sun.

I still remembered of the past,
When I was little, and there…

Seasons were my friends and family.
Each of them visited me periodically.
They came comely and left gently,
And brought me their unique gifts bountifully.

Wind sang His song tenderly
to accompany each their steps,
and Earth dressed up on time
in Her famous designer’s clothes,
fashionable, and enticing with tease.
All Her children played in sunshine,
And lived joyfully in a living dance.

White clouds moved above the skies,
As the spindrift of billow in the oceans,
Cleaned the wings of eagles and swans.
Even the petal shirt of flowers were moistened,
And nourished in rainy drops of bliss.

Moon smiled at me every nite,
Her beauteous face shined her lite,
altered in unchangeable timing tide,
varied in her inimitable shape and line,
revealed her mood of full and undine.

Stars shooting in the deep oceans,
With their glittering eyes in sparking,
Some stayed forever and some played and hid.
They witnessed and held the truth,
For billion and billion years testimony.

But now,
Spring threw away her green dress,
She refused to come.
Autumn did not stay very long,
Coz she lost her jam.

Summer rushed in every year, very early,
With her unbearable heating sun.
All my flowers hunched their back,
And each of them lowered their heads.

Winter seemed lost her peaceful mind,
And out of control for sometime;
She gave Earth no rest.
She tore up Her white long coat,
Holding all the pieces,
and swinging them in midair back and forth.
She screamed, yelled, and mourned,
And her icy tears dropped on the ground,
So cold-

I did not know
why she lost her peace.
It looked like I offended her
with an unforgivable fault.

So I looked into my mind,
And in my sleep I searched deeply...

Part II (2007.07.27)

There, in the window of my living room,
I saw a little boy figure
Walked haltingly
Against the violent freezing wind.
Snow covered his passing footprints,
And wind welcomed him in His harsh will.
The boy bent forward and bowed his head,
And his figure was smaller even more,
Shivering in the blizzard storm.

I glanced at my small fireplace,
Enough branches filled its side,
And a weak flame dancing in it
with a calm and luxury motion.

Outside, a different world-
Winter waved her torn white coat,
And shouting incomprehensibly in rage.

But the boy seemed overly stubborn,
Or maybe lack of intellect,
Continually wrestled against wind
In each his step and tiny footprints.

Suddenly, wind slowed down His rhythm,
And winter stopped her insanity,
Dropped her coat, started panting,
As if she was tired and needed a rest
To regain her energy for next round.

The boy fell upon the snow, was sitting,
And very tired.
He looked into the skies and asked:

“Are you angry, or mad?
Did you lose your peace?
When the people on earth can have rest? ”

Winter did not answer,
Yet gave the boy no attention,
Still kept her panting.

But wind blew in slow note,
Smoothly in an easy stream of spring
As I heard in the past.

His vocal tone vibrated in slightest sound.
I shut my eyes, and listened…

A great song, an old tale:

Part III (2007.08.18 )

Long ago, I slept in a deep vanity
And my thought as water it flowed:
Ha- in silence I heard a mighty blow,
And in darkness I saw light thru smoke.

Earth, a pitiful woman sat in flame,
In agony she endured her birth pangs.
Sizzling skin of her covered in blister,
Burning magma spilled from her scars,
Poison gas sprayed from her every cell.

Her body quaked, trembled, shook;
Her muscle collapsed and fell in pieces;
Her eyes were dry and lifeless,
Her heart suffered in stokes and storms.
She cried, screamed, yelled… for hope.

One day she lost all her strength,
and gave up all her efforts, fell
in a deep peaceful sleep.

In her dream she saw:

A girl dreamt an unreal dream,
She saw herself cured and healed
In a long silent night’s rest,
She saw her dressed a flowery cloth,
Dancing in the song of wind.
She saw her grew up in sunshine…
A beautiful lady was dancing
With a good-looking young man.

But I did not hear her man’s name,
Nor His handsome face I did see

I could only guess or search or waiting
Or believe maybe,
Maybe tomorrow I would know,
Or one day He might come and tell me…

So I waited, as earth waited for Him.